Why Use a National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Green Designee?
Going GREEN is not part of a fad. Green real estate is altering fundamental market dynamics. Commuting costs and energy efficiency are considered more carefully in home buying decisions. As energy costs continue to rise, this issue will stay top of mind for clients. Heating and cooling costs were at least “somewhat” important to 85% of home buyers in 2013. A whopping 73% of home buyers considered commuting costs at least “somewhat” important in the same study. And, state and local governments are requiring a certain energy standard on new construction, and two-thirds of state governments have currently implemented green building policies. A lot of people today are “greenwashing” – falsely claiming to be green. To help you distinguish fact from fiction, the Green REsource Council provides your NAR Green Designee, Rebecca Burns, with up-to-date resources and ongoing education.
SIMPLIFY GOING GREEN
Rebecca Burns, NAR Green Designee, can help you distinguish fact from fiction and make educated decisions about:
- Green materials
- Energy-efficient technology
- Green ratings
- green design
- Green living
- Green incentives and more!
If you are overwhelmed by going green, let Rebecca Burns, NAR Green Designee help you understand green terminology and cost benefits,
Select the situation below that best describes you:
If you’re looking to buy a green home or building, use an NAR Green Designee as your resource throughout the buying process. NAR Green Designees work to serve you, not sell you. With extensive education on what makes a green home smarter, healthier, and more energy and resource efficient, an NAR Green Designee will discover what green aspects are most important to you and find you the right property.
Buying a home is probably the biggest investment you will ever make, and often the most complex. If you’re looking to buy an existing home and make cost-saving green upgrades, an NAR Green Designee can help you:
- Identify green features, appliances, and materials that have the best pay-back period
- Get in contact with green industry professionals that can make it all happen, such as energy raters, contractors, lenders, and more
- Understand green mortgage options (EEMs and EIMs)
- Realize the benefits of an energy audit and work towards obtaining one
- Identify ways to improve your home’s energy efficiency and indoor air quality
- Take advantage of tax credits and incentives encouraging green improvements
Buy your green home with confidence with an NAR Green Designee, Rebecca Burns, she is educated on residential properties.
If You’re Already Green
After investing in a green property, it’s important to make sure such an investment is properly represented. The NAR Green Designee understands sustainable building features, products, and practices and can educate potential buyers on the savings your green property will offer.
If You’re Going Green
You have a lot of options before listing a home with green features. Whether your greening it a little or a lot, NAR Green Designee Rebecca Burns can help you make the most of your investment and accurately market your property.
By implementing green features and appliances into your home, you can stand out in a competitive market. The NAR Green Designee can help by:
- Providing simple ways to green your home
- Identifying green features, appliances and materials that have the best pay-back period
- Getting you in contact with green industry professionals that can make it all happen, such as energy raters, contractors, lenders and more
- Helping you take advantage of tax credits and incentives encouraging green improvements
- Properly represent and effectively market your green home to potential buyers
- Pricing your green home accurately
Are you ready to buy or sell green?
Green isn’t just a trend; it’s a movement. The National Association of REALTORS® believes that every step toward a greener, more sustainable environment is a step in the right direction. Whether you’re looking to green your home, your business or your life, your NAR Green Designee can help.